Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voting logic and possible bugs

Andreas Mouritsen February 21, 2023

I understand that the voting should only really be used once as a new field, as each user can only use X votes per voting field and cannot be removed by anyone other than the user themselves, for an entire project.

Furthermore, users can only give 10 votes per idea regardless of how many votes the creators allow for that field. This number also becomes smaller in the dropdown if less than 10 votes are available to the user.

Lastly, contrary to what some may think, votes are not "replenished" to the user if an idea is archived or deleted, though it may seem this way in the UI (This is the possible bug).

In the image example below, I've setup a view just for testing votes.

1. I have allowed 30 votes for the "vote" field. 
  2. So far I have given 5 votes to 2 ideas and 10 votes to 2 ideas (30 votes in total).
  3. Another user has given 9 votes to 1 idea (which I cannot change as an admin).
  4. 1 idea with 10 votes (not visible in this view) has been deleted and the dropdown now allows me to change my votes for one of the ideas with 5 votes to more than 5 (before deleting it could only change to less than 5).
  5. If I choose 10 votes, I get an error and upon refreshing the page the votes revert to 5.

image.png

image.png

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events