Servicedesk ticket as idea insight

Kevin Gérard April 19, 2022

We're currently seeing how we will eventually implement Product discovery into our process. 

currently we want it as a layer between Service desk & Development. 

Currently i'm looking into the following subjects: 

1. Push Jira Service management ticket as idea ( currently i do this either with automation rule that's manually triggered, or by using ELEMENTS Copy & Sync addon. both aren't 100% ideal) 

2. If a certain incident or suggestion in JSM already exists as an idea, i think a good approach would be the possibility to add the ticket as an insight to the idea. I don't think i can do this with previous tools. as i'm not sure how 'insights' are implemented in the actual ticket (regular ticket visualisation, not via PD)

What are your thoughts on this matter? how do you all look into implementing this in the process?

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Kevin Gérard , we are planning to add support for insights and delivery tickets to Project Automation for Jira Product Discovery, but it's not there yet. 

In the meantime you can use Project Automation for #1 (for example automatically create an idea if you add a specific label to a Jira Service Management ticket), and create a link between the 2 issues this way, but you aren't yet able to add the ticket as an insight to the idea. 

However you can add a Jira Service Management ticket to a new or existing idea as an insight today using the Chrome extension: https://www.loom.com/share/3fe0c3ac48dd4cb7a6e8e4ad57ac3fc2

Like # people like this
Kevin Gérard April 19, 2022

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson 

it'll be a great help to have it available in automation! 

the only problem i have there, is that it isn't intuitive to trigger for a 'regular user' in jira... i just wish we could add big red buttons to the ticket view ;) 

but it'll be a good way to go. 

The problem with the extension is that not all my users use chrome as a default browser... i think it's a good start though

i am wondering how everyone will implement this in their ticket flows ;)

hopefully we'll get some people in the comunity to enlighten us 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Seth Mason April 19, 2022

Would be great to be able to automate the creation of the Idea with the JSM ticket mapped to an Insight, triggered by some JSM state/label. I'd prefer to not have to use Chrome to create the tickets..

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Okay no worries, watch this space for when we announce support for insights in Automation then :) 

Like Kevin Gérard likes this
James Akers October 26, 2022

We have the same use case. Ideally, any one should be able to raise an idea and keep up to date on the status of it as it transitions through a workflow. It had occurred to me that we could use JSD as an entry point to this, but doing so adds complexity in to the implementation. Historically I have implemented JSD for use cases like this, but ideally JPD would replace this as it supports analysis and prioritisation so much better.

It would be good to understand what your plans are to support an open entry point for idea curation which doesn't require licensing. Doing so allows JSD to be opened up beyond employees, out to clients and wider markets. Without this, product teams will always be a middle man replicating requests captured elsewhere and then have the administrative overhead of keeping stakeholders up to date with status updates.

No doubt eventually (or even now) this use case could be support with JSD or perhaps another third party entry point and integration - however, I suspect it may be a common use case which is better designed for in the product rather than workaround through automation rules.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

@James Akers that's something we have on our radar - one of the topics in our "Next" column. It's not trivial to find the right solution that works for everyone from small to large scale.

Today however I think you can achieve most of what you described using Jira Service Management, Jira Product Discovery, and automation rules (in particular the "closing the loop" part where you notify requesters that one of their requests was shipped).

James Akers October 26, 2022

Thank you @Tanguy Crusson

We'll have a look at interim measures but naturally are interested in any longer term product solutions. Look forward to hearing more as your thoughts progress.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events