Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Servicedesk ticket as idea insight

Edited

We're currently seeing how we will eventually implement Product discovery into our process. 

currently we want it as a layer between Service desk & Development. 

Currently i'm looking into the following subjects: 

1. Push Jira Service management ticket as idea ( currently i do this either with automation rule that's manually triggered, or by using ELEMENTS Copy & Sync addon. both aren't 100% ideal) 

2. If a certain incident or suggestion in JSM already exists as an idea, i think a good approach would be the possibility to add the ticket as an insight to the idea. I don't think i can do this with previous tools. as i'm not sure how 'insights' are implemented in the actual ticket (regular ticket visualisation, not via PD)

What are your thoughts on this matter? how do you all look into implementing this in the process?

1 comment

Hi @Kevin Gérard , we are planning to add support for insights and delivery tickets to Project Automation for Jira Product Discovery, but it's not there yet. 

In the meantime you can use Project Automation for #1 (for example automatically create an idea if you add a specific label to a Jira Service Management ticket), and create a link between the 2 issues this way, but you aren't yet able to add the ticket as an insight to the idea. 

However you can add a Jira Service Management ticket to a new or existing idea as an insight today using the Chrome extension: https://www.loom.com/share/3fe0c3ac48dd4cb7a6e8e4ad57ac3fc2

Like # people like this

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson 

it'll be a great help to have it available in automation! 

the only problem i have there, is that it isn't intuitive to trigger for a 'regular user' in jira... i just wish we could add big red buttons to the ticket view ;) 

but it'll be a good way to go. 

The problem with the extension is that not all my users use chrome as a default browser... i think it's a good start though

i am wondering how everyone will implement this in their ticket flows ;)

hopefully we'll get some people in the comunity to enlighten us 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Would be great to be able to automate the creation of the Idea with the JSM ticket mapped to an Insight, triggered by some JSM state/label. I'd prefer to not have to use Chrome to create the tickets..

Like # people like this

Okay no worries, watch this space for when we announce support for insights in Automation then :) 

Like Kevin Gérard likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you