Search Contents of Linked Insights?

Pete Crocker July 11, 2022

We'd like to be able to do text keyword searches of the contents of linked insights.

By way of a specific example:

• We've created an idea
  • We've created an insight for that idea by highlighting a block of text in salesforce, then used the chrome extension to add that text block as an insight to the idea
  • There's now a paragraph of text that shows up when looking at the idea's thread of insights
  • However there's no way to search for keywords in those linked insight text blocks

1 comment

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2022

Hi @Pete Crocker , just so I'm clear: are you trying to search for this text from within a list/board/matrix view, or directly within an idea? When do you find that you need to do that? Thanks!

Pete Crocker July 11, 2022

1. Ideally a user would use the global atlassian/jira search capability. For example a JQL query where there's a known field name (i.e. imported_insights_text) that they could do a text search on.

2. If that's too big a request, the next step down would be a search from within JPD's search field.

Use case:

We're reviewing ideas. We've seen that there's customers who've asked for "tech_acronym_a", but we realize that it overlaps with "tech_acronym_b", so we need to hunt for any bugs and JPD ideas where "tech_acronym_b" shows up,

I'm aware I could do a search in salesforce, to get some of this, but seems this relevant info is already being captured via linked insights. And since I need to search through jira bugs & service desk tickets it would be handy to be able to search through data in JPD all in the same place. 

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2022

Thanks @Pete Crocker ! That's super useful. Currently we're focusing on other product areas, but we'll look at this when we revisit insights 👍

Logan Reese January 24, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Has this feature been prioritized at all? Also looking for a way to search through data linked from an Insight (i.e. customer name from Salesforce data).

Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events