Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plannable Timeline View

Brent Vierling September 8, 2023

It would be really great to be able to have a filterable list of issues off to the right side of the timeline view that would let me drag and drop onto the timeline.  This would really help on the estimating side of how things are stacking up.  The alternative, is two windows open, and trying to update the dates to get them on the board, etc.   

(using the "Find an idea in this view" search field is often my go to way to find an item so a searchable list would be excellent).

Does this happen to be in the plans, or maybe a weekend hackathon :)

jpd idea.png

3 comments

Sabine Lambrecht September 10, 2023

Hi @Brent Vierling 

I think that what you're describing, already exists. When I'm in a timeline or matrix view, I can see the ideas on the right with the possibility to search in them.

In the timeline view the side panel opens when clicking on the blue icon on the bottom left. In the matrix view, the side panel is open by default.

But you only get to see the ideas that fits into your filter you applied on your view.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2023

Yes, did you mean this @Brent Vierling ? Or is this experience missing something for you?

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 11.44.59.pngScreenshot 2023-09-11 at 11.45.21.png

Like Sabine Lambrecht likes this
Brent Vierling September 11, 2023

Whoa, I didn't see that.  Thanks @Sabine Lambrecht  and @Tanguy Crusson

That is what I was looking for!

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2023

Thanks Brent, this actually helped settle an internal debate today 🙂

Like Teal Nissley likes this
Brent Vierling September 11, 2023

Great, glad to help. :)

Cris November 10, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson know its been a couple months, but if helpful, I also just spent quite some time doing this the wrong way. REALLY glad I stumbled across this so now I know not to do that in the future... wish I had searched the forums first! 

Oliver Murray September 12, 2023

Oh damn, I had missed this also! That's very useful.
Though I would like the ability to filter the list ideally.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2023

If you apply a filter on the view, then it will filter the list as well as the ideas showing in the view

Like Oliver Murray likes this
Teal Nissley September 13, 2023

Same! This made my day to find out it exists!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events