Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Row Number field

Phillip Skeens April 15, 2024

Are there any ideas here to get the current row number for the record in a given Category?  I do not see any way to do this with a formula currently.  

If this is not available this would be a good feature add-on for the young product.  

USE CASE:  By dragging a row down to another spot the row would get the row number where it was dragged to and all other rows would update with the correct row of the category that it is grouped by.  

We used to do this in Monday_dot_com in a "Ranking" column that automated the process instead of having to go and update every row when the order of priority changed.  

Any advise on how to do this in Product Discovery current state?  

2 comments

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2024

Thanks for the feedback Phillip!

Andy Lutz April 16, 2024

I agree with Phillip that this would be a very useful addition, and is something that is regularly asked about by the PMs on my team. We currently have a "Priority" field where PMs manually enter in a numerical ranking for their Features, and being able to drag and drop the ideas and have their "Priority" update would be a nice quality of life change.

One benefit we do get from manually assigning the "Priority" rank though, is that I can use that field in Jira Issue Search to create a summary report for leadership. For instance, across our projects, I can filter for all ideas with a Priority of 1, 2 or 3 so our leaders can see the current "Top 3" ideas across teams. This might be challenging to do with a "Ranking" column that only is relative to the group/view an idea is placed in.

Just wanted to share our current setup as an additional data point.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events