cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD for IT Operations

Cam Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

Greetings JPD Community!

Are there any IT Operations teams out there using JPD to capture and prioritize ideas, inform leadership, and align everyone​?

​I do not think it's a stretch to see how JPD can be used outside the product team space, which is why my team is looking at JPD.

At our core, we are an IT Department made up of the usual infrastructure, security, and operations.  We have a diverse set of customers with competing demands that pull us in many different directions.  We are currently users of Service Management​, Work Management, Atlas, Confluence, and Statuspage.  We are happy with the ecosystem we've built, but are struggling with our use of Atlas as a parking lot for the now, next, and later.

I would love to hear about your experience, especially if you've been successful in using JPD to inform or involve customers/leadership.

Thanks!

2 comments

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2024

Hi there!

Yes definitely, this is a valid use case. I have spoken with customers from IT before, wanting to prioritize IT Operations experience for their customers: internal employees at their company! 

I will let folks from the community respond with real-life examples.

Best,

Amina

Brian Devine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2024

Hello

My team is just starting to use JPD to support IT demand management for new capability development. The overall model is: 

JPD for high-level prioritization, road mapping (start & end dates by quarter), now, next, later with multiple boards with different filters and a Microsoft Power BI dashboard for visualization;

Atlas for project status reporting for larger active projects ; 

Confluence for internal IT documentation; 

Jira for capability delivery / low-level user stories, tasks, and bugs;

JSM for tracking production system break/fix support. 

These apps are used across all IT function: app dev, infrastructure, security. 

While use started in the past months, initial feedback has been positive. JPD has been easy for leadership and management to help understand status and backlog. Hope this helps - happy to answer questions and to learn more about what is working for your organization. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events