Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD automation options and manual triggers

Katie McDaniel July 26, 2023

Does JPD support automations using manual triggers? I can create an automation, but I don't see an option to trigger it.

If it doesn't, can anyone suggest another trigger I could use as a workaround?

My team has two levels of discovery - an initial opportunity phase and a more refined solution phase. JPD doesn't allow separate issue types, so we're using categories to represent whether an idea is an opportunity or a solution.

I want to automate creating solution tickets from an opportunity ticket, copying over many of the same field inputs (goals, etc.). The new idea would coordinate the next phase of discovery.

3 comments

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2023

Hi, you could add a "checkbox" field that, when checked, triggers an automation for an idea, when you're ready to start solutioning.

Like # people like this
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Manual triggers also supports asking for additional information from the user that can be used during the automation, and that could help solve some JPD gaps, for example, not being able to ask for a comment when you transition an idea from one status to another.

Like # people like this
Abby Kiesling August 30, 2023

@Omer Meshar YESSSSS Thank you for that addition.  Having the functionality to ask for additional information is so important since we can't require fields to be filled in JPD. 

Abby Kiesling August 23, 2023

It's really frustrating that we can't trigger manual automations.  The idea of doing the checkbox is a work around but it's NOT intuitive. 

Like # people like this
Louise Baker July 11, 2024

I agree that manual trigger would be fantastic add for JPD

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events