cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD Poll Feature

Stephen Henderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

I think a Poll field would be a useful addition to JPD, either as a separate field type or as an expansion of the Vote field.

Primary use case I'm thinking of for this feature would be to poll a developer team to get a better sense of the effort or size of a project from a technical perspective. Rather than setting the Effort value myself, I could create a poll (with options such as Small, Medium, Large, XL) and allow relevant team members vote. 

A current workaround is just creating custom vote fields, one for each option . . . but it's a bit clunky and adds visual clutter:2024-04-29_13-32-08.png

Curious to know if there's a feature in the works that would address this, or if other users think this would be useful. 

3 comments

Charles Truong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2024

Thanks for this @Stephen Henderson . Voting/polling improvements aren't on our roadmap at the moment, I've recorded your feedback to help us prioritise in the future.

Like Stephen Henderson likes this
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2024

@Stephen Henderson I appreciate you've marked this in regards to Jira Product Discovery specifically, but in Jira there's now Polls for Jira which enables you create a poll to collect data like this from the team. Hope this is maybe useful - Steve.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events