Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to map Ideas in advance roadmap ?

Erion Peci February 24, 2022

Hello 

I wanted to map ideas as issue type in the advance roadmap in issue hierarchy above epics . Is there a way I can do that ? Is this a feature you are working on . 

What I am trying to solved is two things the first thing is being able to produce a timeline/ roadmap . And secondly I have avoiding the amount of work and duplication by creating an other issue as initiative and then linking all epics to that initiative when I have link those epic in the Jira discovery already . I have tried to link the initiatives  under Ideas in Jira discovery but that does not roll up the story points so the progress is inaccurate.

Thanks

Erion  

2 comments

Comment

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

Hi @Erion Peci 

Not currently. Until Team managed projects are available in Advanced roadmaps, I don't believe this will be possible. Though @Tanguy Crusson may have other ideas/info???

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2022

@Erion Peci you can definitely link initiatives (or other issue types created in advanced roadmaps) to Jira Product Discovery ideas in the delivery section, however you're right in that delivery progress is currently calculated using the number of children ideas, not story points. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2022

Oooh never mind, I misread your question - you cannot yet use Jira Product Discovery ideas in Advanced Roadmaps, to visualize them there alongside ideas.

On that topic we're currently working on a timeline view for Jira Product Discovery, and discussing a deeper integration with Advanced Roadmaps.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Erion Peci March 3, 2022

Thank you @Tanguy Crusson  looking forward to that integration. 

Thanks

Erion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events