Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import to JPD from Jira - No Status field

Wendy McCurdy June 12, 2024

I'm working on an import of a group of issues from a company managed project from Jira to JPD and I have run into several issues, but now I've got an issue that I need help.

Why is there no workflow status to map to? I have got to be missing something, right? It should listed under the Jira fields I would think.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 165730.png

Because I have custom fields, moving the issues is too hard and they don't move over, so importing seems to be the best way to accomplish this; but if I don't have the status field, will I have to manually go back and update each 200 that I'm importing?

Thanks!

2 comments

J. Caldwell June 12, 2024

Yeah. Jira Product Discovery projects are more like a conventional Jira Team Managed project. Some things don't work there. JPD Status is not the same field as Jira Status. The values in it are completely isolated. 

From my experience is yes, you'll need to update those issues after you import.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2024

Hi Wendy,

If you are a Jira admin please use the external import system tool, and not the "import issue" button .

It is accessible in System, only to jira admins. Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 20.42.24.png

The interface will look 99% but slightly different, and you'll find the field status. 

That's not a Jira Product Discovery issue but a platform issue unfortunately. 

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events