cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact view is pretty useless when you can't search in it

Anders Forsberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2024

Trying to use JPD and more specifically the impact view to aid us in prioritization. We often run into cases where we want to locate ideas in it:

- Ideas where one customer is mentioned (description or insight)

- Ideas where a Salesforce case is linked (web link or insight)

Would love to use "Find an idea in this window" but it only looks in the summary and key.

I can use an issue query for some cases, but I cannot get the result ranked on impact.

Looks like I'll have to move back to Excel again...

1 comment

Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2024

Hi @Anders Forsberg 

Although that information is not there in the All ideas screen, you can still get pretty much all the other information using JQL.

> Ideas where one customer is mentioned (description or insight)

project = JPD and text ~ "customername"

If the name is in the summary/description or custom fields, you can search for it.

> Ideas where a Salesforce case is linked (web link or insight)

This one I haven't found a way. But you can always paste the SF URL in a custom field and search for that one.

Same for other information. Custom field with some Salesforce information. There are some third party apps for that too.

Although not ideal, you can still find most of the information.

Regards

Aaron

Anders Forsberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2024

Good ideas!

I just tried with a custom JPD field and it does unfortunately not work with the search field on that screen.

Yes, I can find it with JQL, but then I have to be in another view (I like the impact view!) and I cannot sort on the impact I'm using.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events