You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We have configured the main Create button to have a simple form to fill in some basic information.
However, the view dependent create button only requires the summary (that is not a big issue in our case, although it makes it harder to achieve consistent workflows) and tries to be smart about filling the idea fields so that the new idea will be shown in the current view. This behavior causes unintuitive issues:
- Our idea refinement process (powered by Workflow) auto assigns a "Refined" field to true at a certain step in the workflow.
- We typically expect many Creators to interact mostly with the views with "Refined = true" and they are tempted to use the "Create an idea" button in these views.
- Thus, when they create ideas, these automatically get "refined = true"
- Thus, ideas show up where they shouldn't (as they haven't been refined and only have a summary)
- And automations (sending emails about new "refined" ideas, etc.) get triggered when they shouldn't.
- This happens despite setting an automation that sets "refined" to false in the Workflow on the idea creation step.
- A way to disable inline idea creation (the secondary "Create an idea" button)
Is there one?
Alternative solutions could be to make the smart workflow smarter somehow, but that sounds like a rabbit hole.