Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Jira Software fields to Jira Product Discovery

Blake Falanga December 14, 2023

Hi all,

Is it possible to reuse fields in JPD from Jira software? For example, can we use a pre-defined dropdown field from initiatives in Jira Software on ideas in JPD so we don't need to maintain two sets of lists?
Thank you! 

1 comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2023

Hi @Blake Falanga Jira Product Discovery is built like Team-Managed projects in Jira Software, this means that each field you create is isolated to the project that it's in. Could you share more about your use case? Why do you need the same kind of field in JPD as in JSW?

Devin Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2023

Hi @Rohan Swami

Just jumping in here – I can't speak for Blake, but I'd bet our experiences are the similar.

We've done a lot of work recently to standardize fields across company managed projects in various orgs within our company.

Now, the need for "yet another field" (YAF) for JPD, separate from Jira Software, isn't the vibe we're going for; we're all about keeping things simple and streamlined. If we could use the same fields in both JPD and Jira Software, it would be a game changer for us; we'd have consistent tracking and reporting across the board, which is a huge win.

This is especially key for us when we're lining up our projects with our big-picture goals and OKRs. If we could use the same dropdowns from our Jira Software initiatives in JPD – it would save us a ton of time and hassle, and keep everyone on the same page.
I imagine this functionality wouldn't just be a win for us, but for loads of Jira users looking to smooth out their workflows between different Jira products.

Cheers for taking a look at this!

Like duncan_crowell likes this
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2024

Hi @Devin Parker ,

Could you share few examples of the kind of fields which you'd need standardised across JPD and Jira Software? Can you share any more detail on how you do reporting? For example, I can see how a goal/OKR field shared across JPD and Jira Software could work, but what are the reporting use cases this needs to support?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events