Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit fields as creator

Rebecca Graf April 8, 2024

Dear Community,

according to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/guides/getting-started/user-roles-permissions#:~:text=Creator%20is%20a%20paid%20user%20with%20product%20access%20to%20Jira%20Product%20Discovery.&text=Contributors%20need%20a%20free%20Atlassian,users%20in%20Jira%20Product%20Discovery.&text=Please%20note%20that%20we%20often,(read%2Donly)%20view. creators are able to create and edit fields. However, we realized that it's not possible for our creators to edit a field or add a new value for a field. Is there any chance to allow that without giving admin rights? 

Best 

Rebecca

4 comments

Denis Paul April 8, 2024

Hi @Rebecca Graf 
maybe you are confusing the role "creator" in JPD with the people creating ides - which normally have the role "contributor" and cannot edit ideas. This is mentioned in the table on the page linked by you.

2024-04-08 14_56_17-User roles in Jira Product Discovery _ Atlassian und 2 weitere Seiten - Geschäft.png

I think Atlassian is aware of this and are working on it but currently it doesn't seem to be possible without a "Creator" license (which of course you don't want to give to normal "contributor" users).

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Hi @Rebecca Graf ,

'Creatots' should be able to edit ideas. 'contributors', on the other side, currently can't. Do you mean 'contributors' in your instance are not able to edit? This has been suggested in other post, and it seems that Atlassian has been assessing it:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/Can-Contributors-edit-their-own-Ideas-description-title-for/qaq-p/2403586?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*

Rebecca Graf April 8, 2024

Hi Denis and Carlos,

I am definitely talking about Creators, not Contributors. My colleagues was trying to edit fields (add new fields or create new values for existing fields), but the function is not available for her. 

According to the table above it should be possible.

Best

Rebecca

Image 08.04.24 at 17.23.jpeg

Denis Paul April 9, 2024

@Rebecca Graf if your colleague has the neccessary group memberships it should work as you described. Could be a bug but I would double check the assigend rights. Did it once work before? Maybe the colleague has to be part of more groups and an admin on your side could help researching this.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2024

Hello Rebecca,

The word "Creator" is a bit confusing because it refers both to 

• The fact you are *licensed* for JPD
  • The Creator *project role* in each JPD project. 

To create and edit fields you need to be *licensed* in JPD, so you are a "Creator" at the site level, but in the project role, you need to be an *Administrator*. 

It's not possible for licensed users who are in the project role "Creator" to create or edit fields in this project. 

I hope it helps, 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events