Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Formula's unsupported in published views - Workaround?

duncan_crowell June 11, 2024

I found out the hard way around unsupported fields when publishing views that is well documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jpdkb/error-when-trying-to-publish-a-view-in-jira-product-discovery-1346052400.html.

I have found the custom formula one in particular to be a big limitation when trying to communicate priority to stakeholders using a RICE or DVF model. Whilst I have been able to create visibility of the scoring the most important element which stakeholders are asking for (the priority score itself) cannot be published.

• Question to the JPD team - Is Custom formula visibility in published views something that is coming? if so, any view on when?
  • Question to the group - How have others worked around this limitation without literally manually updating a duplicate number only custom field?

2 comments

Melorie Acevedo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

I have the same problem and have not found a workaround.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Jeroen Rommelaars
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2024

I would like to voice that this could also be a very valuable feature for usage on my end. Setting up custom formulas have a reason - and I would like to be able to share these formulas, which currently cannot be done.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events