Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloned Ideas not automatically linking to source ticket

Katrina Prior March 1, 2024

We use the Clone function often when planning projects in Product Discovery to copy initiative details to many child tickets, but would like prevent clones from having some automation rules for new tickets from being applied when they are created. However, JPD isn't automatically adding any link to the newly cloned ticket to identify it as a clone, so I can't figure out a way to exclude clones from the new ticket rules. Has anyone else come across this problem? Why aren't clones linked to their source tickets in Jira Product Discovery?

1 comment

Julie Spokus March 1, 2024

Hi Katrina-

You have linking the clone as part of the automation?

I had to add that "function" to my automation rule.

-Julie

Katrina Prior March 5, 2024

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your help! I don't have the cloning as part of my automation - I am automating a field value when tickets are created, and am actually trying to create an exception in the automation for tickets created as clones manually using the CLONE button. For some reason, when I clone a ticket, a copy is created with all of the same details, but there is no link back to the original ticket (even though this is turned on and works in other Jira Software projects). 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events