Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to nest sections within the view panel

Garrett Olsen March 12, 2024

I was trying to organize my views by dragging a section under another section in my view panel, but it kept bouncing back out. I thought it was a bug at first, but I'm coming to realize it doesn't seem to support nesting a view section under another view section.

Is that by design for any reason, or has it just not been developed? Would this be useful for anyone else?

4 comments

Samuel Varghese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

I was trying to do the same.

Like Garrett Olsen likes this
agileautonomy March 12, 2024

Hi,

Multi level sections are not supported at the moment.

It was one of the advancement I wished for while implementing a value stream based management project last year.

I think a solution will emerge at some point but no idea when as I am not part of  JPD team.

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

I did a training/configuration session with a colleague yesterday and this question came up. I was surprised that there was not the ability to nest sections as there is definitely a use case for this.

@Tanguy Crusson, tagging you for visibility on this one. Is this per chance something that is on the JPD roadmap? If so, any ideas on an ETA? 

Andrea Egert April 3, 2024

We also need view nesting to consolidate our many views. For example, we'd nest customized individual views under the team views and create more cross-team views.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events