Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill dates

Jeanette Bonifaz April 1, 2024

Hi,

We've started using JPD and I want to have the project target field filled in from the delivery ticket and not manually entered. I looked at this demo: https://www.loom.com/share/8220e4ca892d478ebf57bff822e53ffb but it did not help, as the options in the video are different than the options I see. 

When I click "edit field" the "date field" options include:

-Change completion date

- Change start date

- Planned end

- Panned start

- Start date.

I have tried with Change completion date and with planned end, but nothing gets populated. In the Jira Epic itself, we have a "due date" that is filled in. I would appreciate any help on this. 

2 comments

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2024

Hi @Jeanette Bonifaz In Company-managed projects all date fields are supported. In Team-managed projects the Due date field is supported, this is the field which comes out of the box when you create a project. Are the fields you are trying to use in Team-managed projects?

Jeanette Bonifaz April 2, 2024

Hi Rohan. Thanks for your comment. Are you referring to the Jira Software Project where the epic I want to link is? Or the JPD Project? If you are referring to the Jira Software Project, it is a company managed project.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2024

Hi @Jeanette Bonifaz looks like we'll need to investigate this further. Could you please create a support ticket for us? In the left-nav of Jira Product Discovery select Give feedback then Get help from the support team. We'll be able to investigate properly from there.

Andrew May 29, 2024

Hi! I'm having the same issue, i want to use the out of the box due date from jira software to autofill the date. From what I can see in jira discovery, i can see all the custom date fields from jira software, but not start or due date. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events