Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When connecting delivery tickets to idea by issue key it finds it in the second time only

matan.grady September 7, 2023

I see some inconsistencies when connecting delivery tickets.

Steps I did -

1. Open a view where I have the "delivery progress" column

2. Hover and click on "Add delivery tickets"

3. Paste an issue key

4. I see "no issues found".

5. I delete, and add the issue key again.

6. Issue is now found

It happened several times, I wonder if others experience it.

4 answers

0 votes
Cris September 7, 2023

Edit: this was a permissions error. The jira project I was trying to link to had restricted permissions to only a specific team. Once I added myself, I was able to link to these delivery tickets. This could use some "You don't have permission for that" error messaging instead of the "not found" but I'm glad the fix was easy.

-------

I've also been trying to add delivery tickets and for some reason can't when its associated with a certain project. I've tried with 3-4 different epics (and triple confirmed none of them are done).

The other ~10 projects I've tried to add from, no problem. I've tried pasting the URL as well as typing it out. If the project starts with `ab-` for example, and I try typing that, nothing comes up. I am a JPD project admin and creator.

I've started asking around internally to see if something is just known "funky" about that project somehow. Have not yet found a fix for this.

Also, just wanted to say I've only been using JPD for less than a week, but I'm really happy with it so far and my team is pretty stoked. 

0 votes
Bree Campbell September 7, 2023

I have only seen this pasting a URL to the issue. Removing that and typing the issue key works. I can confirm I am an Admin but also have Creator permission on all JPD projects. 

0 votes
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

@matan.grady are you getting the same error for different delivery tickets and different ideas? As @Kunal said do you have access to the issues you are trying to link? Looking for more clues so we can try and reproduce the error.

@Rohan Swami I am able to reproduce it.

I wad able to confirm it actually happens on this cases -

1. Open a view where I have the "delivery progress" column

2. Hover and click on "Add delivery tickets"

3. While the "project" field is still loading, paste an issue key

4. I see "no issues found". The Project field is now loaded and has some value. 

5. I delete, and add the issue key again.

6. Issue is now found

So it actually happen to me when pasting the key and the project field didn't finish loading

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

thanks @matan.grady for no. 3 is it taking a long time for this field to load? Do you have a lot of projects?

@Rohan Swami I have like 30 projects, and it takes maybe 1-1.5 seconds to load.

And yet, in my workflow I reach the state of putting the key and not getting results quite often.

I can send you a video if you have a link (I prefer not to upload it publicly).

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2023

thanks @matan.grady please send the recording through to rswami@atlassian.com and we'll look into it

0 votes
Kunal September 7, 2023

For me, it is coming for few projects and for few projects, it never comes. I also want to know the solution please.

Kunal September 7, 2023

Even if I am an admin on overall organization level, I tried adding myself in the JIRA project and then all the issues for that projects are visible to me in JPD. Try this if it works for you. Thank you!

Like # people like this
Cris September 7, 2023

Thanks for this hint – I think my issue might be a permissions thing. I don't seem to have permissions to take action in the jira project I'm trying to link to. Within the jira project, I can see that I get a "You don't have permission" when I try to change status of things, which isn't the case for the other projects I've been able to successfully link to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events