Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link delivery tickets to JPD idea?

Lisa Nanoff June 4, 2024

Hello!

We have been using JPD to track large bodies or cross-functional work. Each JPD idea links out to delivery tickets across various Jira software projects. These delivery tickets range from epics to stories and tasks. 

There are issues belonging to two specific delivery projects we cannot link to. The tickets already exist so it is safe to assume they should appear in the search bar.

I've also tried linking different delivery tickets from these projects to ideas in different JPD projects to see whether it may be a glitch, but nothing ever comes up. 

Is it possible there are sharing restrictions on the delivery projects? Has anyone else encountered something similar? 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 09.21.57.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lisa Nanoff June 4, 2024

Follow-up: we were able to get to the bottom of this issue.

The delivery tickets we wanted to link to JPD ideas belonged to team-managed software projects. Since these are self-contained, their tickets cannot be linked to other projects by default.

This meant that delivery tickets couldn't be added to JPD ideas unless you were an admin of the team-managed project.

As workarounds, we could either:

- obtain admin permission for the software project

- Ask the software project admin to link the tickets for us

- Ask the software project admin to update the project settings from limited to open so tickets can be linked freely. 

0 votes
Karin van Driel June 4, 2024

I would check the Browse permissions of the projects in question and ensure the user trying to link the issue has that permission in those projects. That is the only thing I can think of that might be the problem.

Karin van Driel June 4, 2024

Alternatively an indexing issue on the site, though not sure if that is still a thing in Jira in Cloud :)

Like Dhilip Prasanna R likes this
0 votes
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2024

Hi @Lisa Nanoff

First of all, please confirm if you paid product access to Jira Project Discovery permissions. We had a similar situations in our company as Contributors without a paid license couldn't link even if they were able to browse these projects.

Lisa Nanoff June 4, 2024

Hi Klaudia! 

Yes, I have paid a creator license and am an admin of the JPD projects in question. We were actually able to troubleshoot this issue internally. I'll add the answer above in case it helps anyone else! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events