Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to authenticate Pendo in JPD

Sarah Green March 21, 2024

Submitting here since our team that oversees this is stumped. Hoping the JPD team can help.

I'm unable to authenticate Pendo links in Jira Product Discovery. It asks me to provide an API access token from Pendo. When I navigate to the link provided in Pendo, the page doesn't load or provide an access token. Other users in the system are not having this issue.

2024-02-29_11-12-56

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2024

Hi Sarah, I couldn't see your screenshot for some reason. 

To generate a Pendo access key you need to go, in Pendo, to Settings > Integrations > Integration Keys (maybe the URL has changed since we last updated the app)

Sarah Green March 27, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson others in my org are already using this integration, so I assume we already have the Integration Key set up. This seems limited to my account only.

Teal Nissley March 27, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson Sarah and I are from the same company, the rest of our users are able to just paste in the links from Pendo Feedback items and we do not have an integration key setup for this. I can just paste a link from Pendo as an insight and it will pull in the number of votes, description, etc. (screenshot below). When Sarah does the same thing she is asked to authenticate via an integration key. No one else is hitting this step when they add insights from Pendo feedback, and we're stuck on trying to troubleshoot why it is acting differently for one person who has the same permissions as others in both tools.

JPD.png

FYI - @Sarah Green 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2024

OK, I see. 

The way this works (we know it's not perfect) is that every user pasting links needs to authenticate. That's because for most apps, the authentication is not via keys but a per-user authentication flow. 

0 votes
Andy Lutz March 21, 2024

@Sarah Green do you have Admin permissions in Pendo? That is required in order to generate the integration key which is used by JPD to authenticate with Pendo. If you do have Admin permissions and are getting an error when going to the Integrations Key page in Pendo, that's something you'll want to file a ticket with the Pendo team to fix.

If you do not have Admin permissions in Pendo, then you'll need someone on your team to create the Integration Key for you. They can follow these instructions to do so, and then provide you with the Key that can then be used to authenticate with Pendo via JPD. Note that you'll want to securely store the Key somewhere, because Pendo only displays it at the time of creation.

On my end the screenshot you shared isn't loading, so apologies if I'm missing something.

Aisha S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson Does this feature work with an EU instance of Pendo.  I'm also experiencing the same thing.  I'm not being asked to authenticate with Pendo, and when I paste in an EU instance URL (https://app.eu.pendo.io/xxx), it's not pulling in the data. Any ideas?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events