Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition is shown twice in status field

Rebecca Graf July 3, 2024

Hey community,

I am facing a weird behavior in my status field dropdown. The next status in the workflow is always shown twice in the selection:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-03 um 14.18.40.png 

My initial assumption was, that the configuration of transitions is incorrect and I have to remove one "direction". But when I do so the transition is no longer available at all. 

Any idea on how I have to adjust the workflow to remove the duplicate? Happens in any status.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-03 um 14.26.00.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jovin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Hey @Rebecca Graf ,

Workflows can be esoteric at times with all the properties, conditions etc!

So this is because you're issue is currently in the 05 status (based on all other transitions I can see), so it has 2 available transitions to 06:

• First - the "Any" transition
  • Second - the direct transition from 05 to 06

To resolve this you have 2 simple options, and 1 more complex options:

1. Simple Options
    1. Remove the Any transition from all statuses and you will now have a linear, strict status flow that allows only unidirectional flow (unless you add a transition going backwards between each status)
    2. Remove the direct status transitions from each status (meaning you're left only with the Any transition on all)
  2. Complex Option
    1. Use Conditions to prohibit the Any transitions from being visible (based on current state, or user groups etc.)

Let me know if this helped!

Rebecca Graf July 3, 2024

Hey @Jovin ,

thank you so much, thanks to your help it was surprisingly easy to solve. 

I decided to go for the second simple option. The transitions were anyways only implemented because we were facing issues with the sorting of states in the beginning (which was solved in the meantime). 

Like # people like this
Jovin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Love it! When I first started administering Jira some of my workflows looked like a bowl of spaghetti; diving through all the myriad options has allowed me to refine them and make them actually readable 😂

If you wouldn't mind accepting the answer that would help loads!

Like Amanda Barber likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events