Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The value of the status field?

Ben Arundel December 2, 2022

Hello All

I am currently struggling with the value of the status field. In a standard Jira ticket, the status workflow is much more prominent, with the idea being you transition your ticket through the workflow. With it just being a field on the right, it loses its value. 

Is this an intended positioning? if so, what's the logic or value of putting status where it is as opposed to where the archive action is? 

I personally would like to see the status operate as it does in the rest of Jira. 

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Ben Arundel , as others have said there's less of an emphasis on moving items through a workflow in Jira Product Discovery as there is in Jira Software.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 vote
Beau Fruits December 2, 2022

We leverage Jira Product Discovery for undefined/funnel/backlog ideas, with a focus on definition, socialization, and feedback.  Once something is defined and ready to build, that work is managed elsewhere, and linked back to the JPD ticket. 

Consequently, I find status extremely useful. 

1 vote
Vikram ASOKAN December 2, 2022

The whole idea of status field in JIRA is to transition from one to other and vice versa In agile process there is continuous delivery and integration if the increment doesn't pass the functional, Automation, Integration, sanity  test & merge it moves back for the fix thats why the status field is kept to transition

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events