Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing all Insight Labels on the Idea

Stian Bentsen Sveen April 27, 2023

Hi, We are testing out JIRA Discovery and I got a question from a colleague of mine.

They love working with Discovery so far and see many, huge benefits!

One thing they asked me was if it was possible to add Insight labels to the Labels field on the idea. Right now you only see the Insight labels individually on each Insight, but they want to be able to see all labels that have been added on the idea itself as well to make it easier to see which parts of the business are involved in sending in Insights on an idea.

I tried to do this with Automation, but its not possible to access the Insights Labels field in any way.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Stian Bentsen Sveen , this is not currently possible but is on our radar for when we revisit the insights feature.

Stian Bentsen Sveen April 28, 2023

Hi Tanguy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully we'll see this not too far in there future. It is the most requested missing feature thats been discovered during our testing.

Br,

Stian

lauren_sinyard March 22, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson I thought I'd add some feedback/insight on the above as manual reporting on the insight labels through an excel extract is creating some inefficiency internally. Our sales team are only able to add labels to insights and not the overarching idea ticket, which is absolutely fine as we don't want them editing the main JPD ticket, however it does mean when they want to see the tickets they have a vested interest in I can't provide them with a simple view/dashboard. 

1 vote
Tim Marks May 22, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson +1 to Stian's comment. For us, we would need to orient around the "Insights" vs the high-level idea in order for Jira Discovery to fully work for us. For anyone in our company to submit new ideas to the product team, it's less about the idea and more about the individual insight - what's the insight/problem, what company has the request/issue, how much ARR, etc. For consistency on insight requests, it would be important for us to have the 'template' view that you released for the top-level idea, to be on the insight view itself so we can make sure the insights attached to each customer request are consistent. So instead of people creating a new "idea" it would be creating an Insight to start. It's important for us to have this flow for consistency of insight format being logged, as well as to be able to see and filter insights from certain customers - e.g. we need to see how many insights there are from some of our top customers so we can make sure we are making progress for those customers.

Then being able to label and filter by insights in a global "Insights view" rather than an "ideas view" would allow our product team to review/triage the insight requests and group them under the respective idea for tighter organization. If there's a flow that can solve for this today, please let us know, perhaps we missed something.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to discuss more. Congrats on the new product launch!

Thanks!

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2023

@Tim Marks i'd love to take you up on that. Could you book time in with me through this Calendly link? https://calendly.com/rswami-atlassian/customer-calls

Like Tim Marks likes this
0 votes
Julie Leonard September 12, 2023

Not an answer, but additional input for the Atlassian team. 

I totally agree with the gentlemen here. I am working on writing up instructions for evaluating our Voice of the Customer interview notes, logging those as "Ideas" and extracting the various Insights adding them to that VoC Idea. I wanted to use the Insights labels to help us detect patterns for pains and opportunities. 

Then once we detect patterns during our VoC reviews, we can pull the Insights together based on those labels and consolidate them into their own Ideas that we can then further refine.  This can currently be achieved by copying Insights to other Ideas, but finding the Insights that match the pattern is seemingly not possible (yet?).

For this, it would be great to have 

1. access to Insights independently

2. access to labels on Insights

3. an indication that an insight has been copied to an idea (and which)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events