Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ratings Fields Standards?

andrew_dittrich June 6, 2024

Hey all, I'm scaling up a team of PMs and have adopted JPD. I really want to start ranking ideas using 4 ratings fields: Impact, Frequency, Effort, Complexity. Obviously JPD accepts 1-5 ratings which is great. However, with a team of 5, I need to establish standards across the 4 fields for each rating. I.E. I need to put clear definition around what the difference between a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for each of the 4 ratings. For example, if PM1 rates something that happens daily as frequency=3, and another PM rates something that happens daily as frequency=5, then the ratings become somewhat meaningless. So my goal is to create unanimity across PMs. 

I thought I'd ask the community if any one had some standards or definitions they have used for these or similar fields? I know that it's highly subjective, and wildly different across orgs/products, but I'd love to get a jump start instead of starting from scratch.

1 answer

0 votes
Florian Nagel June 7, 2024

We did achieved something similar by making use of a select field and than adding options including a weighting. This can be also used in a custom formula field, so it's kinda powerful as you could also use more (or less) than 5 options with meaningful text and not just a number.

Reach_Select.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events