Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project target field to be used for column board view

lila June 25, 2024

Im trying to create a board with the column sets with the field "project target" however this doesnt seem feasible? Seems like a basic filed to use as column, and the most logical to create a roadmap?  
Thank you in advance for any tips/ work around 

2 answers

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2024

Hi there, you can't do that yet (it doesn't look like it but it's actually pretty complex to do! every time I open that topic again we get lost in corner cases)

I would suggest either using a quarterly timeline view or creating a select field that you can use with a board for the columns. 

0 votes
Jens Schumacher - Released_so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2024

The challenge with using the project target field as columns is the potential infinite number of options and therefore columns.

I assume that the JPD team has limited column fields to fields that generally have a smaller number of options. 

As for a workaround, I've seen teams create a custom field for target quarters and use that instead. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events