Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polaris Datapoint Link Triggered automation

Gilad Waldman July 31, 2024

Hello Community, 

While trying to trigger an automation upon Linked issues (Issue link type = Polaris datapoint), i fail to trigger the automation although adding insights into an idea.

As i struggle with this thing  from the moment we migrated out product board into JPD, i understand that the JPD do not support insights automation yet - So this link type is not active and is planned to be?

Is there a ticket i can track to see if a change is planned on insights automation? This could be a real game changer here. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2024

Hello Gilad, 

insights is a Jira Product Discovery specific concept and isn't supported in Automations, you're not missing something. 

Could you please elaborate on what you're looking to achieve? 

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

Gilad Waldman July 31, 2024

Sure @Hermance NDounga , i can share an example

We capture most of our insights from Slack as we process support cases and feature requests (example attached)

Untitled.pngIf automation was available, i could have parse the data to automatically extract customer name and add it to the idea and other relevant information into the idea

I could also edit the format of the insight to present the data in a more organized way (Now it looks like a chunk of data and i wish to make it more readable)

Thanks.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2024

Hey Gilad, 

Thanks a lot for describing your use case—it's totally fair. We will explore how we can improve insights as a whole and also how we can improve the Slack integration. 

Supporting insights in automation is also on our long-term roadmap. So, unfortunately, today, there is nothing additional you can do, but when we tackle one of these three topics, you should be able to see some improvements there. 

Best Regards,
Hermance

Gilad Waldman August 3, 2024

Thank you, I assume there is no Jira ticket i can follow to track progress? 

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
August 6, 2024

No we aren't working with publicly available tickets, but you can subscribe to the group, we are posting regularly on things we are working on, there is also our public roadmap, and in general we are making in product announcement when we ship new functionalities. 

Best Regards,
Hermance

Like Gilad Waldman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events