cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Select Field Limit "This field has reached its maximum of 500 options."

Zach Clarke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

Hello, 

Our company has added our customers to a Multi Select field as a way of associating which tickets are associated with which customers. 

Each month I update the list with new customers. Today, when entering customer number 501, I ran into an alert "This field has reached its maximum of 500 options".

We've trained our users on how to select customers when creating new and editing existing tickets and team members are currently building reports off the customers listed.

Are there any options available for increasing the number of values that can be listed in a Multi Select?

If not, are there other suggestions? 

Thanks!next customer.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Owen Friedrich July 8, 2024

We had a similar need to track customers to Ideas but elected to not use a Multi-select field and instead created a Jira project of "Customers".  We then link the Customer to the idea using native Jira linking.  Added bonus is you can easily pull up a customer in the Customers Jira project and see all the linked ideas in one shot.

Zach Clarke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Thanks for the reply, this sounds like a great option with additional benefits. I appreciate the feedback.  

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2024

Oh wow that's pretty cool @Owen Friedrich ! I never thought of doing it like that but it makes complete sense

Owen Friedrich July 8, 2024

Not mentioned earlier but we automatically sync the customers from Salesforce over to the Jira project using Boomi.  We also just started to associate actual delivery tickets (not just JPD ideas) in Jira proper back to the customer in this project.  This lets our customer success and support teams see and report on progress for items that their clients are waiting on.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events