Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud App for Teams - How to Automate Jira Ticket Creation from Teams Channel Chat/Comment

Matt Arnold October 3, 2022

I’m interested in configuring MS Teams to automate the process of creating a Jira ticket from a Teams Channel chat/Comment (Teams > Jira) using the Jira Cloud app for Teams but I’m unable to find documentation that covers this specific topic.

jcimage.png

(I’ve found ample documentation covering how to configure the Jira Cloud app to create a submission form to manually create/push a ticket to Jira…but this is not what I’m looking for.)

I’m looking for documentation that covers how to configure the Jira Cloud app to automatically create a Jira ticket from a chat/comment posted to a MS Teams channel.

If this functionality does exist, please let me know where documentation that covers automated ticket creation from Teams can be accessed.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Parker Higgins October 3, 2022

If you’re looking to create an issue from any teams post just use Zapier. 

However, I don’t think this concept is a good idea. Using the Jira Cloud App is a way to filter what gets created. You could end up with a bunch of issues that need to be cleaned up and merged. Resulting in you should have done it manually in the first place. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events