Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL search for Linked issues in Idea tickets

Yuliia Vyborova July 31, 2024

Hello! I am searching for ideas in JPD that have delivery ticket linked. But I can't find any issues however they exist.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 5.21.12 PM.png

Also, I see 3 duplicate fields for Delivery status and Delivery progress (both from JPD I assume) and none of them seems searching.

This is my JQL: 

issuetype = Idea and project = "Product Discovery" and cf[16455] is empty and cf[16576] is not EMPTY

please see screenshot of those duplicate fields.Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 5.17.03 PM.png

I tried in search all cf [16418]; cf [16444] and cf [16577] - to no evil.

Please advice how can I find Ideas that have delivery tickets in JQL! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2024

Hi @Yuliia Vyborova ,

I would suggest using a JQL with something like this to determined which idea(s) have a delivery linked:

project = XYZ AND issueLinkType = "is implemented by"

The link type between idea to delivery is "is implemented by" so this would pull all ideas that have a delivery.

We're aware of the duplicate JPD fields such as Delivery progress, Delivery status, and a few others that appear in the Filters tab when JQL'ing. If you wanted to find the specific project's Delivery progress field ID, below is a (not so pretty) method:

After completing a general JQL such as on the JPD project, add a new column to the query and select all Delivery progress fields:

dp1.jpeg

Following that, the Delivery progress field that only applies in the filter would be the one that relates to the queried JPD project. The others would disappear.

You could then sort this column to determine the field's ID:

dp2.jpeg

Having said all that, it's not possible to query on the Delivery progress field in the Filters tab (at this time) since this field is not returned using the API even if a delivery is linked to the idea. The field's values would also show blank in the Filters tab like in the above screenshot.

So the top / initial suggested JQL would be the best method in my opinion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events