cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL query for PD

Mark Lang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

Hi,

We have numerous JD projects, and I am trying to use JQL queries for some reports. However, I'm encountering an issue where multiple custom fields with the same names appear, making it unclear which field belongs to the specific project I’m focusing on. For instance, when I query the test project, I get 15 different custom fields with the same name, each used for different PD projects. It's a complicated process to identify which field corresponds to which project. The same issue arises when I try to add columns in a JQL query, as all these fields show up with identical names.  I was hoping that if at least a project is used, it would filter the custom fields based on that project.

2024-07-30_8-30-22.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
YY Brother
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2024

Hi @Mark Lang 

Welcome to our Community.

To fix the issue of multiple same names, I think you could use the global custom fields instead, which can be shared among those JPD projects.

Xnip2024-07-31_00-50-31.jpg

As for JQL queries, please use this rest api to get the custom field id:
https://{site name}.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{issue key}

Xnip2024-07-31_00-53-43.jpg

Hope it helps you,

YY哥

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events