Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD Amin 'Role(s)'

Tere Pile March 15, 2024

I looked, can't seem to find a way to allow Admin of a project to edit columns. 

I already have a secondary creator role, which allows them 'less' than creator but more than a contributor.  Like pinning fields or editing description.  But some of the admin roles I'd like to expand.  

I feel link this has been mentioned in some of the shared column discussions/global fields which would solve some of the issues but as it relates to columns and editing only being an admin function becomes a concern

Example: I want this 'secondary admin' to have create/edit fields (best if they can only edit that which they create) Create automation rules.  They would not have manage people, permissions, notifications or delete the project 

Thoughts?

2 answers

0 votes
Tere Pile March 18, 2024

Thanks, I did read that and I think it's safe to say - functionality doesn't exist beyond what is available w/standard today for Work on Ideas/Views.  Perhaps it's just a new request - I'll submit and see where that lands.  If I had to boil it down, its kind of like adding the  'their own' statement, to almost every permission.  (w/some exceptions, like pins, project roles, people management)  

JPDUserRoles.png

0 votes
Denis Paul March 18, 2024

Hi @Tere Pile 

here's the permission scheme of JPD. I think it doesn't support the way of rights separation you search for.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-product-discovery/docs/manage-your-teams-product-access/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events