Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to the number of attachments per idea in JPD?

PATRICIA MURPHY July 28, 2024

Hi There 

Is there a limit to the number of attachments per idea in JPD?

Is there a limit to the size of individual attachments or the size of the total number of attachments per idea in JPD?

Our teams want to use the comments for the Q&A between the idea submitter and the Dev team to fully understand the request and size the effort. They don't want to leave JPD to get information provided as attachments to comments or insights.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2024

Hello Patricia, 

The  limit for attachments is 150. 

Could you please elaborate on your use case? Describing the solution in details might be more suitable in a confluence page, so your dev team can comment on it, or in figma files that can also be attached as smart link to the idea. 

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

PATRICIA MURPHY July 30, 2024

Hello @Hermance NDounga 

Is it 150 attachments per idea?

I found this for JPD but there is no mention of attachments. Jira Product Discovery limits | Jira Product Discovery | Atlassian Documentation

We are on a Jira Premium plan and for Jira issues they state 2000 attachments per issue  Upcoming changes: Introducing per issue limits for... - Atlassian Community

Use Case:

We want to use the idea as a one-stop for defining the requirement.

The asks are pre-screened and if potentially viable are moved to the next phase in the process where they are reviewed (requirements document) by the requestor and the delivery teams so the delivery teams can T-shirt size their efforts. There is usually a Q&A, sometimes extensive, that may require attachments and revisions to attachments resulting in a final requirements document.

The PO team will use the delivery team's effort estimates as a part of the prioritization process.

We have discussed use of Confluence but if not well managed can be a "swamp" of information. 

Thanks for your help clarifying.

PATRICIA MURPHY July 31, 2024

Also is there a limit for comments on an idea?

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2024

Hey Patricia,

thank you for your comment - I realized where I was wrong, I was looking at outdated documentation.

I asked one of our engineer to confirm what were the limit for everything that wasn't mentionned in the Jira Product Discovery limit documentation, and I can bring you back the confirmation that all limits that aren't not covered in this doc are the same than for Jira so 2000 for attachments, 5000 per comments etc. 

I will have the page updated by our content designer. 

Like PATRICIA MURPHY likes this
PATRICIA MURPHY August 1, 2024

Thank you for following up Hermance, much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events