Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight impact customisation

Vincent Coval September 9, 2022

Hi, I love Jira Product Discovery but I wanted to know if there is a way to customise the insight impact notation.

Let me explain, when i'm doing the discovery, I will link all the insights, so far so good, that the basic use of JPD, so when the insight is relevant in a positive way, my impact will be high. But it happens also that you have an insight that go in the opposite direction, that tells you not to do it. 

So basically, in the Insight impact formula, I would like to be able to have an addition on the good insight and a subtraction on the negative insight.

For the moment, the only think I can do is to put low impact on negative insight, but in the end, it is still added by the formula.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Thanks @Vincent Coval that's a great suggestion. You can already do this today actually using a bit of configuration: 

Demo: good and bad insights

Does that help?

Vincent Coval September 14, 2022

Yes perfect, that solve totally my need !

Thanks a lot !

Lars January 17, 2024

Great idea. In my mind, it should be added to the baseline product.
My follow-up question is: How can we get the "Impact score" to use the new "Delta Insight"?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2024

What's "Delta insight" @Lars ? thanks

Lars January 24, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson - The problem to solve in my case is that I want to capture insights, also when they are negative. E.g. "This idea is only relevant for customers in this little segment".
In your video you showed how to calculate this. I call that "Delta Insight"

I want to take that to the next level - to make the "Impact score" use the "Delta Insight" instead of the current way of counting all insights as positives.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events