Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a "done" issue as a delivery ticket?

Henri Ossi October 12, 2022

Jira Product Discovery allows the user to not just to "Create a delivery ticket" for an idea, but also to "Add a delivery ticket" and attach the idea to an existing Jira issue.

I was trying to backlink existing Jira issues to my ideas using "Search for an issue", but could not select issues with a "Resolution: Done" status, even when trying to enter the explicit issue key. The issues had to be returned to the kanban board so they could be selected from the drop-down menu.

search-issue.png

This seems like an arbitrary limitation and makes onboarding existing Jira projects to JPD a time-consuming task. Is there any workaround or fix to be expected?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hi @Henri Ossi - we've done it like that so each search is faster (otherwise you'd be in spinner hell every time). 

There's a workaround: you can search the "done" issue you want to link from Jira, copy its URL, and paste it in the search box in the idea's "deliver" section in Jira Product Discovery, instead of searching. That works for done issues. 

Henri Ossi October 13, 2022

That's good to hear. Have you considered allowing the user to just type in the exact issue key? I'm pretty sure this works in other parts of Jira, so it would make sense to keep the functionality consistent throughout the various drop-down menus.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events