Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we manage mandatory fields between status?

Jorge Ervilha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

I'm configurating a process in JPD and need to understand how can I How can we manage mandatory fields between status?

For example,

Moving from "Business Case" to "Demand Prioritization" status only happening if "Estimated Cost" field was filled.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Hi @Jorge Ervilha ,

Unfortunately this is not currently possible with JPD like Jira has with validators.

Closest thing at this time is editing the project's Workflow / transition of Business Case >> Demand Prioritization, and updating a field (such as Estimated Cost) when the transition happens:

mandatory1.jpeg

The limitation with this transition rule is the field's value has to be set within the rule, and it does not have the option to dynamically set this field when the transition is made.

In the meantime, we do have a few feature requests already opened with engineering. JPD FRs are not publicly available like other Atlassian products, but those tickets for reference are:

JPD-112Ability to dynamically select / enter field when Workflow Rule applies

JPD-190Add field validators to JPD workflow

Feel free to also share your feedback and use case through JPD >> Give Feedback tab. This will open an internal ticket in our engineering / PM' queue. They are regularly reviewing these to improve JPD!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events