Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features that are done/delivered

Jeremy West July 26, 2022

Will there be function to automatically hide features that are considered delivered/done in product discovery similar to the way Jira Software starts to automatically hide issues or will this always need to be done via filters?

For example, features that are delivered do not need to be in the impact assessment view, or even all features view anymore but currently the user must create filters to remove these features from the view.

Is there a better way to handle this that I have missed?

I guess this ties into a second question where you have a feature in the roadmap for 'now' - is there a best practise on what to do wth this feature once its status is updated to done? Should we just remove the 'now' state from the issue, or should we create automation rules to move it to a different roadmap state or remove it from the roadmap entirely?

I guess I am really just trying to avoid creating a mess as it feels like features can be in various transient states with no definitive action that occurs when a feature is considered delivered.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Jeremy West

It's possible to set an automation rule when an idea is transitioned to "Done" it will assign a "done" value and it will appear in a  "Done" column (you need to create this value first)and then you can hide this column with filters. This approach is recommended when you need to keep track of ideas even when they were delivered. 

image (4).png

When you no longer need such ideas you can set an automation rule to move the idea to "Archive". 
image (5).png

Learn more about how to work with automation

Cheers!

0 votes
Pete Crocker July 26, 2022

Glad you brought this up! In an ideal workflow world, we'd like to be able to define some rules that allow this. For example a rule that watches the linked issue, and if the linked issue changes status to some chosen state (such as "Done") then the idea would transition state to something (such as "Delivery").

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events