Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferment Date automation error

Penny Schenkkan March 25, 2024

I followed the instructions to set up the resurfacing automation using the Deferment Date field but I'm getting this error:

"Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Deferment Date (customfield_10097)
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
BPD-200"
And here's the setup of the automation:
2024-03-25 08_31_05-Audit log - Automation - Boost Product Discovery - Jira.png
Side note: please use plain English with me, I'm new :)

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Moazzem Hossain March 25, 2024

Would love to ask support as well. 

Penny Schenkkan March 26, 2024

Will let you know what they say.

Penny Schenkkan March 27, 2024

Here's their response, you will need to reach out to them.

We've looked into the issue further, and it appears that your site's system user (Automation for Jira) didn't have access to Jira Product Discovery.
This led to the issue you observed, in which the automation rule couldn't find the `Deferment Date` field.
The access should be granted by default to system users when JPD is added to your site, but that's not the case.

That said, we've helped to make the necessary update, and the Automation rule should now be able to access the JPD project's fields.

0 votes
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Deferment Date is a custom field not one of the standard fields for Jira, as can be seen by the words (customfield_10097).

So my first question would be how is Deferment Date set up?  By which I mean is it a field you've added in Jira Product Discovery, or is it a custom field set up in Jira Software?

The error message looks like it's a Jira Software custom field that is only available to issues in Jira Software not in Jira Product Discovery.

You can check whether this is a Jira Software custom field by checking to see if it's available on a Task, Story or Epic, if so it won't be available for JPD.

Penny Schenkkan March 25, 2024

Hi Stephen, it's actually the same issue in this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-questions/I-can-t-get-the-resurface-date-automation-to-work/qaq-p/2559993 

I will reply there so as to not have another thread going. Thanks though!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events