Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create insights from JIRA ticket view

Seth Mason March 14, 2022

I've created a query and then built a dashboard from the query that contains only Product Discovery ideas using the two dimensional widget. If I then select one of the ideas from a dashboard widget, which will takes me to a list of ideas.  When I select that idea, I cannot create an insight at this screen.  I'm trying to make it easier for people to view a dashboard widget and then within 1-2clicks, add an insight.

The 2D widget is more efficient at displaying the information than a Product Discovery roadmap, list or columnar view.

2 answers

0 votes
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hey, @Seth Mason Thanks for getting back to me and sharing the gadget you are using. I can see how this would be frustrating. Please keep sharing these insights with us. 

Thanks,

Sarah 

0 votes
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2022

Hey @Seth Mason 

Thanks for getting in touch. Jira Product Discovery was built on top of Jira however not all functionality is shared between the two products i.e. insights. As you are opening the idea from outside of Jira Product Discovery it behaves like a Jira issue. We are aware that this is something that needs to be resolved as we grow. I was interested to hear about your 2d widget - would you mind sharing a screenshot of it? 

Thanks,

Sarah 

Seth Mason March 15, 2022

@Sarah Stenhouse We configure the standard Gadget "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" with X-Axis being Priority and Y-Axis being KeyCustomers.  This Gadget makes it easier for someone to see the ideas by customer and Priority.  It was unexpected that building a dashboard would result in tickets that lost the Product Discovery features (e.g., adding Insights).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events