Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Jira tickets from Kanban board

JT June 12, 2024

Hello, we already have ongoing projects in Jira when I discovered and explored JPD.

I already have the idea listed but I cannot add Jira tickets from Projects using Kanban board to the Delivery Progress column even if the ticket is In Progress. I can only add tickets from Sprint board.

Is this a limitation or am I missing something?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 vote
JT June 12, 2024

@Carlos Garcia Navarro @duncan_crowell I think you have to be an admin on the Jira project where the ticket is. I asked my team to do that and it's now working for me.

Thanks for checking this with me!

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2024

Hey there, 

@Carlos Garcia Navarro is correct, you are missing a global permission which is or "linking issues" or "Browse projects" (I believe it's the first one, considering you have been able to find the project in the delivery section, but not the epic) 

So you need to contact your jira admin *or* the project admin of the PBA project to make sure you have the "link issue" perm in their project. 

Linking delivery tickets only on this permission or browse project, you don't need to be an admin to perform this action. 

Like # people like this
duncan_crowell June 16, 2024

We fixed this by just ensuring I had the right level of permissions to link on the other project. Also making the project Open seems to work if thats a possibility.

Like Hermance NDounga likes this
0 votes
duncan_crowell June 12, 2024

I have had this same issue linking from a JWM project. Still investigation but suspected its permissions based as there is another JWM project that works fine. 

Out of interest are you able to create new delivery tickets in that PBA project?  I was able to create but not link.

JT June 12, 2024

@duncan_crowell we suspect the same thing but I see that linking it is allowed.

Unfortunately, I can't create a ticket either. But maybe because there are some required fields for a ticket to be created (my access is still limited since I'm fairly new in the company).

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 10.06.32 AM 1.png

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2024

@duncan_crowell - Can you get the link issues permission for your user in that project? That may solve your situation.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2024

Hi @JT ,

Welcome to the Community! That's strange! I haven't experienced this and I don't think there is any limitation like that. Can you please attach a screenshot? And as a test, can you create a Jira issue to be placed in a Kanban board, directly from the Delivery section in JPD?

JT June 12, 2024

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro hopefully this helps to visualize it

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.14.30 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.15.35 AM 1.png

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2024

Hi @JT - can you check if you have the link issues permission in the PBA project? And also the Browse Projects?  Can you please check with other users (or even better, a Jira admin)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events