Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation to chance a status based on a custom field having >= a number

Penny Schenkkan March 26, 2024

I have the Impact Score field in my Discovery board. I want the Status of the issue to change with the Impact Score is equal to or greater than a certain number (and vice versa, when it's equal to or less than a certain number).

Anyone know what the automation steps would be? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Penny Schenkkan ,

I unfortunately don't think the use case is currently possible since Formula fields are not support with automations as mentioned in this post: Known limitations of Jira Product Discovery

Project Automation is only partially supported

You can use Project Automation in Jira Product Discovery projects, with the following limitations: 

• Some fields aren't supported in automation rules, in particular: 
    • Formula fields
    • Vote fields
    • Insights field
    • Delivery progress/status fields
    • People fields
Penny Schenkkan March 27, 2024

Thank you Nick! That explains a lot!

Any idea if/when they will be supported?

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

Hi @Penny Schenkkan 

What have you tried thus far to solve this need?

If you started an automation rule and it is not working as you expect, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.

If you have not started a rule, please note that successfully using automation rules requires learning and experimentation.  I encourage you to try to create the rule, and if you run into challenges to post your rule and explain what is not working.

To get you started on creating your rule, the rule would could be triggered on a change to your Impact Score, and use a condition to decide if the issue should transition the status value.  Please refer to these documentation and example rules to help:

Kind regards,
Bill

Penny Schenkkan March 27, 2024

Hi Bill, I've been trying to build an automation but don't even know how to start for what I need. The language in the automation builder is not intuitive for me and I honestly haven't found the links you sent (which I previously reviewed) to be helpful enough. Thus my question to the community.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events