Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the fields in the Customize the idea creation form

Jennifer Iglesias Morales June 5, 2024

I know that formula fields and some native fields aren´t shown when creating the idea, but select, numeric or text type fields don´t appear and I don´t see the option to add them, some fields that have already been created appear randomly but others don´t appear

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2024

Hi @Jennifer Iglesias Morales ,

The fields that appear in the create idea view are dependent on the view selected within the template:

template1.jpegtemplate2.jpeg

Having said that, we've noticed a lot of inconsistencies with the create idea form when ideas are created outside of the JPD project. The only workaround to have the create idea form work as expected is creating the ideas within JPD.

Engineering is aware of these inconsistencies and will hopefully have a fix and/or improved experience soon.

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2024

Definitely not a fan of the inconsistencies between creating an idea inside vs outside of the JPD project.

Upvote for: "Engineering is aware of these inconsistencies and will hopefully have a fix and/or improved experience soon."

Like # people like this
oliver_boban_alempijevic June 5, 2024

To be able to add whatever field that is created, would help out a lot to customize FULLY the idea creation template. The way we are using this template is at the point where an idea has already gone through an internal process and been "Approved" outside JPD processes, to even be entered into the workflow process we have built with JPD. Once we enter it there, we already have a lot of questions answered and it would make life easier to be able to add the fields needed for our answered questions directly into the Idea template, instead of then having to ad them afterwords. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Onur Asci June 5, 2024

Be cautious, while trying i've messed up the idea creation form because changes are effective immediately to all forms without a save prompt. Also, yes, there's need for guidance as to how & to what extent to customize the form. 

Jennifer Iglesias Morales June 5, 2024

I have created a template for my project, and the fields aren´t all added, I have created date, text or numerical fields that still don´t appear, I have noticed that some appear when in my view to see all the ideas I add a new column with that field and I give it a value, that sometimes makes it appear in my template, but it doesn't always happen. The documentation really doesn't explain how it works very well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events