Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📢 Introducing: Share views with internal and external stakeholders

28 comments

Comment

Noushin Kananian April 9, 2024

Good info and perfect demo. I'm pleased to work with Hooman Atlassian in the Multi Cloud Providers team to upload the application into platform. 

Please let me know.

Nadja Skriver Jørgensen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Hi!

How (if possible) do I accomplish the following:

Use case: I want to make the roadmap available to anyone in our company (i.e. that logs in with an email of an approved domain) by sharing a link to the roadmap somewhere else, e.g. via some Teams channel with lots of people I don't know but that are all in my company (and thus have email adresses from the same domain). Thus, I don't know who will try to access it and hence I cannot specify any emails, names or groups (and I don't want to). 

Hence, I want anyone that logs in with an email that corresponds with a specific domain (or list of domains) to be able to view a published view, without having to explicitly invite them as users to my Atlassian org. 

What I have: 

• I've set up a "trusted domain" for my company domain. 
  • For the trusted domain I've specified "None" as product access for all products (because people are not supposed to be users of any of the products - I just want them to be able to see the shared JPD views). 

What I experience: 

• With this configuration, if I send a link to a published view to someone with an "approved domain" email, and they access it, they get a message saying It seems you don't have access to this link, or it isn't available anymore. Make sure you are signed in with the right Atlassian account. NOTE: The user does not exist in the list, when I go to my Atlassian Admin user management page.
  • Then, if I go to the user management page in Atlassian Admin and explicitly invite the user (still giving no product access), then the user is able to access the published view. 

I'm not sure whether I am doing something wrong, if there's a bug or the use case I have is not supported. 

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2024

Hi everyone!! @Amy Yu and myself are kicking off discovery for making JPD views accessible to anyone with the link!

Today, with view publishing, you have the following options:

• anyone in your site can view
  • anyone outside your organization can view (after signing up)

In the future, we are exploring a third option: 

• anyone with the link can view

We are looking to learn about administration requirements, as well as what you would want to do with public views.

Please fill in this form to tell us what you need: https://forms.gle/4sHtyUohGmQCBdMi8

Have a great Friday and weekend!

Like • # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events