Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently asked questions - about the product (how do I...?)

42 comments

Comment

Beck Mafodda February 14, 2023

Is there a way to see the JQL or filter behind a view?  I'd love to export a view into Excel for distribution to non JIRA users, but I have to create my own filter rather than use the existing view I've just set up.

Like Michelle Yip likes this
Hannah Meneley February 16, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson I am looking for some more details on the Salesforce Integration.  Can you help me with the following: 

1. I would like to understand exactly how the connection is made/authenticated to SalesForce as their documentation is unclear. 
  2. Also, do you have ability for the SalesForce integration to be authenticated with an SalesForce integration account specially setup for the Atlassian integration which is limited to the required SalesForce fields and can the SalesForce integration account be setup to Api-only.

Thanks! 

Bill Stephens March 1, 2023

How do I unset a Rating field, like effort? My team added values for them, butI can't seem to clear a value.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

@Bill Stephens click on the value that was set (if the value is "4", click on "4"). That will unset it.

Like Bill Stephens likes this
Samir Neyazi March 6, 2023

When using the Chrome extension the modal just spins and doesn't connect. When using the Chrome extension on a new, empty tab, the modal opens and displays but the Product and Idea dropdown's do not populate. Anyone know what may be happening? Attached is the error from the console. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 10.05.38 PM.png

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2023

@Samir Neyazi thanks we'll look into the bug. For future reference you can create a bug report by selecting Give Feedback in the bottom left of Jira Product Discovery.

Like Samir Neyazi likes this
Sam Holdahl April 17, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson I have a question in response to the FAQ section "We have multiple products and teams. Should we use one project or multiple? ". This set up will work for us, but it could get pretty messy with how many teams we have. Are there any plans to introduce a feature that allows you to view ideas/features from multiple projects in one view? That sort of view would be really helpful to share a high level org wide roadmap. It'd also be helpful to see ideas across teams in a list for high level dependency planning. 

In that vein, is there a way to have some fields be standardized across projects? It'd be nice if that was the case and they were synced so the options for a given field are the same across all projects (ex. theme, objective, release group).

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2023

Hi @Sam Holdahl , this is something that is in our sights. what would need to happen:

1. You'd need to be able to share fields between projects
  2. You could then create views that span multiple projects, based on these fields
  3. We're not sure yet how we could deal with ideas that span multiple teams (e.g. one idea shared by multiple projects)

it's not going to happen overnight though and we are currently spiking into #1, which would help companies who adopt the product across many teams. 

Like # people like this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson 

Is there going to be some form of approval system?

I can see that automation can't access many fields, so there's no way to build a workaround with the "Votes" field.

For example, when a new idea comes in, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be worked on. I wanted to use the approvals field so that people who make decisions can be notified, and if they approve, then the work will move to the next stage.

Sean Rones August 13, 2023

I created my first board, which was a mind dump of all ideas; I am now thinking that I should make another board and classify the board as Internal Company ideas that are not client-facing; how can I take the pictures already created in my 1st board and move the ones that are not client-facing to the new board I created. I am currently on a trial basis. 

Traci Hawes September 28, 2023

I am wanting to set up an automation that creates a confluence page for each "idea" and uses fields from the idea to populate into the confluence page. The confluence page will be client facing but the idea board will not. Once the board is created, I would then like the automation to paste the link back into the appropriate column on the idea. Is there a way to use variables and automations to do this?

Dani Lanovyi November 22, 2023

Is there a way to display an image on an idea card displayed on the Product timeline? 

I want to create a roadmap and have one headline image (possibly a gif) per every roadmap item (idea). 

Thanks! 

Like David Nadri likes this
Tere Pile January 18, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson 

2 questions regarding the 'reporter/creator' field w/in JPD issues: 

* Why can't I change this person like done w/other projects? 

* When importing, can I'm presuming I map Reporter to Creator and ensure said person is a contributor, it will load properly - please confirm

I'm building out a 'real' sample for leadership review but will want to put the product owners names on these items eventually, so either I'm allowed to change the name, if not I create a new project and 'fix' the import file w/correct name 

If neither is an option, that's a pain point 

Ree Agarwal January 22, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

Thanks for sharing the videos on the how to's and tips to use the JPD tool.

I have a question related to the Setup of JIRA service management queue to receive feedback from external customers. 

Once the customer feedback comes as an item or ticket in the JSM queue and it does not map with any idea that we already have in JPD then how do we add it to JPD using the chrome extension without copying the idea or moving the idea across from JSM to JPD?

Also, how can one add JPD as a chrome extension to be used with the JSM queue?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2024
Like Ree Agarwal likes this
Riku.Kristersson January 24, 2024

Do you have JPD product roadmap visible somewhere so we could see what features you are currently working on and planning to release next? Maybe even option to vote for those features?

Since you are using the product yourself, would it be possible to share some roadmap view with stakeholder view-sharing option?

Jon McGevna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson I'm a little confused about the example of using JSM as an idea intake funnel. I'd like to use this use-case, but to me it would lead to a lot of duplicate ideas since users would have to have a JSM licenses to be able to search what ideas have already been created. 

This is assuming we have JSM as a queue for ideas, and when they get actioned upon, then get promoted to a JPD idea. 

Curious if this is the correct way to solve this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events