Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Access Program: new integration with Jira Plans (ex Advanced Roadmaps)

132 comments

Libby Pawlick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2024

Hi!

I would love to get access because I have been searching for a product roadmap tool that has the various integrations to see from ideation all the way to delivery.  We used Product Plan previously but hard to manage between various platforms.

This will also provide our stakeholders immediate updates between roadmaps and delivery without having to reach each time they need it.

The goal is efficiency standing and delivering projects rather than wasting time pivoting between different platforms.

Site: https://metronet-resproductmgmt.atlassian.net

Garrett Olsen July 11, 2024

I'd love access, as we're currently employing several workarounds and automations to try and accomplish something similar to this, and having it as a built-in feature would hugely simplify our process and improve our alignment between product and engineering.

Site: https://inmoment.atlassian.net

Michael Peart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson I'd love to try this out. In fact, next week I will be doing a demo for the leadership team on how we could implement an OKR system and what that would mean for the technology team. I'm putting together a little demo workspace to illustrate how everything works - together that includes the following Jira products:

• Atlas 
  • Jira Product Discovery 
  • Jira
  • Advanced Roadmaps (Jira Plans)

To be totally honest with you, without the ability to display the Plan/Advanced Roadmap along the same dimensions as in JPD, I'm going to have to do a fair amount of asking my colleagues to use their imagination as I explain how Atlassian can help us set goals, plan initiatives, and deliver results within the goal's timeline...not exactly the "Aha!" moment I was going for. 

Granted, its a big help to be able to group by the same Atlas Goals in JPD and on the Advanced Roadmap but often it helps to focus on subsets of projects (ie., initiatives, pain points for a specific type of customer, features to support entering a new market segment, etc) that do not conform neatly to goals, teams, or single initiatives.

Since that sort of thing is actually what JPD is really great at, if I could show everybody how Atlassian would help us all see the whole chessboard, from various angles, with just a few clicks, all the way from the planning phase to release, without having to illustrate my point by asking the CEO to "imagine if this Plan was grouped by customer cohort instead of H2 Objectives...." I believe the value of Atlassian will be much, much more obvious. 

Happy to share any feedback after the meeting next week if you wouldn't mind enabling the feature for https://stone-rooster.atlassian.net

Cheers!

-Mike

Yuliia Vyborova July 12, 2024

Hello! 

We'd like access integration with Jira Plans and Product Discovery roadmap because we use JPD for product backlog and roadmap building and we need integration with Jira Software to set the bridge between Product plans and Delivery process. Also, we need to report on features in roadmap progress to Leadership and customers and this integration will allow to do this without missing data or manual overhead in adding fields. 

Site: datarobot.atlassian.net/

Sonya Petkunas July 12, 2024

We would be very interested in being part of this EAP

https://appliedsystems.atlassian.net/

Tristan Blakers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 13, 2024

Hi,

We would like to be part of this EAP because we use both Advanced Roadmaps and JPD and the way we have integated the two is fairly clunky.

https://publift.atlassian.net

Kevin James
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 15, 2024

Would love to be a part of this:

https://txmutual.atlassian.net/

Andrew July 15, 2024

Hi 

would love to try this as we go into our next planning session. 

https://clarius.atlassian.net/

thanks!

Christian de Heij July 17, 2024

We'd like access because... we're currently want to be able to understand operational impact of the normal Jira projects within the combination of the roadmap. Currently it is very heavily work to get this insight within all kind of offline files.

Site URL: https://visualfabriq.atlassian.net/

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2024

Hi everyone,

We've given early access to about 100 customers who asked on this post up until a few days ago (if we could locate your site based on the URL you provided). If you have access you should see a notification about it in JPD when you open an idea. 

To give us feedback about the integration: you can just add a comment to this article.

Limitations:

• Ideas are not editable in Plans, only via JPD
  • Idea preview on hover only show issue key and summary, not other fields yet
  • Up to 1000 Ideas are supported in a Plan, not a single more
  • Group by Idea: Idea header might be empty if the data inaccessible
  • Group by Idea: groups are not alphabetically sorted
  • PNG export: Ideas might be missing in preview
Like # people like this
Angie Adams July 18, 2024

@Tanguy Crusson - exciting to see that early access is here!  Do have any idea yet when it will be available to more than the first 100?  We held off on a temporary workaround, but may need to proceed with it until there is wider access to this capability.

Sarah Green July 18, 2024

Feedback

The ability to group by Idea is nice, but for our scenario, we really need it in the Plans hierarchy. In one of our views, we need use a custom field to group the issues, which means that we lose the ability to see the issues for the ideas in that custom field. Ideally, the Idea is at the top of the hierarchy above Initiative.

Like # people like this
Amy Fisher July 18, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

Is there any chance the link you have to a demo of how the Ideas are reflected in the plans can be made available here directly and/or something other than Google Docs (see below screenshot of the link from above that I'm looking for)? Our company blocks Google Docs access and I'd like to see how this was done (without waiting to get home to dig it up).

JPD - Advanced Roadmaps Screenshot.png

Thank you!

Garrett Olsen July 18, 2024

One immediate piece of feedback: we're still having the issue where locked date fields (in this case, date fields created for Advanced Roadmaps/Plans) are not available to sync to date fields on Ideas. I opened a tech support ticket several months ago and confirmed this is a gap in the feature. Since that's the primary date field we use for tracking delivery, syncing the dates is problematic.

Sriharsha sadhineni July 22, 2024

Hi 

we would like to be part of the trail 

Andrew Sanyal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 22, 2024

Wow - a simple thing but milestones on the JPD timeline are great addition

Paolo Pastorino July 24, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson  an archived idea still shows up in the plan as it had a delivery ticket linked, but of course (by definition of archived) it does not show up in JPD.

What would be the best approach? Just delete the archived idea? Unlink the delivery ticket (as it was linked to another idea)? Apply any kind of filtering in the plan view (which one?)?

Thanks
Paolo

Luke Thorogood July 25, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , This looks great, very excited by this - (@Ayelet Ben-Tzur for FYI)

We'd like access because... We are in the final stages of our first role out of JPD, which includes the planning of our Big Pieces of work across the business. Moving away from excel and PPT for this purpose. As part of the next phase, I want to use plans to help better map capacity and dependencies and to then connect the work of our teams to deliver the ideas.

Would great if I could get access to this:

Site URL: https://evokeplc.atlassian.net/  

timothy_lelek July 25, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson

Thanks again for giving us access. I wanted to share some feedback I thought might be useful for this particular feature.

Internally, our Jira Hierarchy is setup as: Feature > Epic > Story > etc.

We use Features as a way to link work from across multiple teams, as most releases require heavy collaboration. In our case, we link the Feature issue type to an Idea in JPD.

When grouping a Jira Plan by Idea, it will group the Features correctly under the Idea, however it won't include any children issues underneath it. I'm assuming it's because the children aren't linked directly to the idea.

It would be great to be able to group by Idea, and have all parent > child relationships shows in the grouping.

Current state Jira Plans integration:

Group: Idea 1
- Feature 1
- Feature 2

Group: Idea 2
- Feature 3
- Feature 4

Group: All Other Issues
- Feature 1
- - Epic
- - - Story

Ideal state Jira Plans integration:

Group: Idea 1
- Feature 1 (linked to idea)
- - Epic 1 (not linked to idea)
- - - Story 1 (not linked to idea)

Happy to share a demo privately if it's useful.

Thanks again for all the great work!

Tim.

Like # people like this
Matt Jones July 26, 2024

We're having the same issue @Tanguy Crusson 

We link Epics to our Discovery ideas and then you can see the next level down in JPD based on the Epics being parents of Stories. But this isn't honoured in the plans view if you group by Idea. You only see the Epic and none of the Stories. 

Would be good if implemented to honour these parent links as @timothy_lelek describes.

Best,
Matt

Like # people like this
Michael Roberts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 28, 2024

Thanks or the Ideas link, it appears in Advanced Roadmaps as you've outlined and allows Epics/Delivery tickets to be grouped by Idea. 

As with some of the other feedback, it would be worth including it in the Parent Child hierarchy which would then show a deeper layer on Advanced Roadmaps

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2024

Thanks @Michael Roberts @Matt Jones @timothy_lelek - that makes complete sense. We're working with the Jira Plans team to figure out how to address this 🙏

Like # people like this
Matt Shaffer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 10, 2024

We are currently working on implementing processes for roadmap planning and JPD.

We currently use AR and have started implementing JPD for our future development efforts and scoping.

Site: https://constructionrobots.atlassian.net/

Sara Tucker September 10, 2024

We are getting more and more excitement about leveraging JPD. I would love to offer the teams a way to leverage those within the Jira Plans view for deeper planning once delivery tickets are added to a JPD idea and keep the dots to connected for everyone. 

Site: https://collectivehealth.atlassian.net/ 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events