Delivery progress: configure how it's calculated, and sorry for the mess!

Hi everyone! 

Those of you who use the delivery progress field might have seen some weird changes over the past few weeks where one day the progress bar was showing one thing, and then it was showing another one the next day. 

Basically: we've been playing a game of whack-a-mole with this asa it turned out to be more complicated than we originally thought after we added support for Jira Software Advanced Roadmaps. 

We (finally!) think we landed on a good spot: you can now choose between 2 ways to calculate this progress, and I'm explaining that here. We expect the default option to be the most common one.

As usual, let us know if that doesn't work for you!

Cheers,
Tanguy

3 comments

Comment

Colin Goudie October 7, 2021

Great work, makes total sense. I think the Default is the best personally :) But that's because of our size. I bet some with very large advanced roadmap projects would work better with simple.

AND I bet you were doing the gymnastics trying NOT to add a configuration option in 😆

Like Erin Mihalik likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2021

@Colin Goudie you got it! And then it got to the point where we were like... Fuck it, let's do it (pardon my French) (pun intended)

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Update: we've improved it so it now works when you have more than 50 child issues in the tree. Something faced by a few people

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events