Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction to an email stating "Jira Product Discovery in being retired" (it's not!)

Hi everyone,

Some of you recently received an email regarding your Jira Product Discovery subscription, stating that Jira Product Discovery would be retired. This email was incorrect and sent out in error.

Atlassian is fully committed to Jira Product Discovery (JPD) and we will continue to serve our JPD customers, for many of whom JPD is a mission critical tool in their product development. We’d like to apologise for this miscommunication.

What is happening?

While Jira Product Discovery as a product is here to stay, we are retiring the Beta plans for Jira Product Discovery. This means, if you are on a Beta plan for Jira Product Discovery, your subscription will be canceled and deactivated within 24 hours.

You’ll still be able to reactivate your JPD subscriptions on any other supported plan (Free, Standard, or Premium). To reactivate a subscription, log in to Admin Hub and go to Billing > Manage > Reactivate.

Please contact us with any questions, we're always happy to help.

We’d like to apologize for any confusion this miscommunication might have caused. We have already taken steps to improve our internal processes moving forward.

Thanks,
The Atlassian team

13 comments

Grégory Verron September 3, 2024

Thank you, Tanguy, for the clarification ;) ! By the way, do you have a product development roadmap? We use the roadmap feature (Timeline view) a lot, and we would like to know if adding dependencies between ideas is planned. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Bjorn Van Cotthem
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2024

Thanks for the scare!

Like # people like this
Pearson Fields September 3, 2024

April fools is not for a few more months guys 😅

Like # people like this
Harlean Stevenson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2024

I'd imagine the product team working on the discovery product was a bit shocked as well!   Mistakes happen, it's how a company handles them that marks it character.  Well done! 

Like # people like this
Paris Taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 4, 2024

Whew! My Product team and stakeholders love the available features, so I'm thrilled they're here to stay. If you need a beta tester for the latest and greatest, let me know!

Like # people like this
Daniels Langeberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 8, 2024

This is such great news! I recently implemented Product Discovery to streamline our ideation pipeline and am loving it!

Like # people like this
Martin Karing
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 9, 2024

The first thing I read after being on holiday for a few weeks … I'm awake now. 😅

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tom Murphy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 9, 2024

What is the timing for the Beta retirement / deactivation? (When do in need to look to reactivate?)

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2024

Thanks everyone, we had a shit few days after that blunder 😅

@Tom Murphy it should be gone by tomorrow - but don't worry you can just re-add it on the Free plan (www.atlassian.com/product-discovery) and your data will still be there (don't wait forever though, at some point we'll do some clean up). 

Like # people like this
Ian B September 10, 2024

Did someone fire the template too early?

Careful, folks, they were "absolutely committed" to the Atlassian Companion app on Confluence Cloud, too ;)

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2024

It was literally just fake news 🙂

I can assure you there's no scheming in the background. The email went out by mistake due to the wrong process being used (retiring a marketplace app vs retiring a first party offering - JPD Beta).

Like Ian B likes this
Alfredo Ramos September 12, 2024

Are there plans to let external users vote on Roadmap ideas? 

Like James DonFrancesco likes this
James DonFrancesco
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 13, 2024

@Alfredo Ramos I just saw a pop-up when logging into JPD this afternoon that offered a new "Link to roadmap" for anyone with the link. However, they wanted me to signup for a 14-day free Standard trial, so I presume you'll have to be a standard (paying?) member to use that feature beyond the initial free trial. Cheers!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events