Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From my phone, I can add comments to an issue via browser, but I can't when using Jira app.

Mauro Robson April 17, 2022

From my phone, I can add comments via browser, but i can't when using Jira app on Android. I'm not sure but i think i was able to do that a week ago... is there anyone facing it?

5 answers

3 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Robson April 17, 2022

It's solved. Actually it's possible to comment. Only the expected text "Add a comment" is not visible. But clicking where it was supposed to be, the box to type opens and allows me to add the comment.

Vim Mahadevan April 28, 2022

thank you for the solution, but that's ridiculous.  i struggled with this issue the last couple of days.

Like Mauro Robson likes this
Alan Sheehan May 27, 2022

Is this fixed in the Android app?

If yes, what version?

I have updated my app and this problem still exists.

Like Gunnar Pedersen likes this
Mauro Robson May 28, 2022

It is the same thing as before. The "Add a comment..." message you can see when using the browser, is not displayed in the Android App. When I said "It's solved" it means, "even not having the message, yes, it's possible to add a comment".

Like Alan Sheehan likes this
TRAMIREZ June 21, 2022

I cant do any comment, i tried what you say but doesnt work by apps

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Manuel Urbano July 23, 2022

To anyone still struggling with it, you need to tap on this black area at the bottom of the page, this took me quite long to figure out...

Immagine.png

Joshua Paggett July 25, 2022

Well that's not obvious at all but it works. Thanks! 

Like Mauro Robson likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
jack
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2022

Hi All, apologies for the issues you have been facing when trying to add a comment on the Jira Mobile app. To add a bit of context, when Grammarly added support for Samsung keyboards we found a couple of issues, more info can be found here. As a mitigation strategy we removed the placeholder text which is why there is a 'blank' box appearing like the comment box is not there.
Post us removing the placeholder text Samsung have come out with a keyboard update that fixes the issue with the Grammarly keyboard and we are now slowly re-enabling the place holder text.
Once again sorry for the confusion and frustrations you have been facing!

0 votes
James Caradoc-Davies September 23, 2022

On my Samsung device, that text box is covered by the toolbar.

It is not possible to add comments.

0 votes
Joshua Paggett June 19, 2022

This is ridiculous and should be reopened for their development team to fix. 

David Green June 28, 2022

I had the same problem. (Android Samsung, recentish phone) very irritating. 

Gave up and uninstalled the JIRA app. Now just follow email links to access each JIRA via browser,which works fine for my purposes. Might try the app again if I hear they fixed it, but at this point I'm not sure what point there is really when I can just use the phone browser. (Gotta give the JIRA team credit for building it responsive enough in browser to make their own app close to redundant).

Like Joshua Paggett likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events