Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

From my phone, I can add comments to an issue via browser, but I can't when using Jira app.

Edited

From my phone, I can add comments via browser, but i can't when using Jira app on Android. I'm not sure but i think i was able to do that a week ago... is there anyone facing it?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

It's solved. Actually it's possible to comment. Only the expected text "Add a comment" is not visible. But clicking where it was supposed to be, the box to type opens and allows me to add the comment.

thank you for the solution, but that's ridiculous.  i struggled with this issue the last couple of days.

Like Mauro Robson likes this

Is this fixed in the Android app?

If yes, what version?

I have updated my app and this problem still exists.

It is the same thing as before. The "Add a comment..." message you can see when using the browser, is not displayed in the Android App. When I said "It's solved" it means, "even not having the message, yes, it's possible to add a comment".

Like Alan Sheehan likes this
TRAMIREZ I'm New Here Jun 21, 2022

I cant do any comment, i tried what you say but doesnt work by apps

Like Joshua Paggett likes this
0 votes

This is ridiculous and should be reopened for their development team to fix. 

I had the same problem. (Android Samsung, recentish phone) very irritating. 

Gave up and uninstalled the JIRA app. Now just follow email links to access each JIRA via browser,which works fine for my purposes. Might try the app again if I hear they fixed it, but at this point I'm not sure what point there is really when I can just use the phone browser. (Gotta give the JIRA team credit for building it responsive enough in browser to make their own app close to redundant).

Like Joshua Paggett likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

331 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you