Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2020 update: What’s new and what’s coming to Jira Cloud for Mac

Hi there, Community people!

Well, the year is officially drawing to a close. And what a year it’s been.

Over here, we’ve been working hard to bring you great new features in Jira Cloud for Mac, so you can continue moving work forward in the most effective, enjoyable way possible.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s new, what’s improved, and what we’re working on:

New & improved features

Dev tool integrations: Link your issues

MacDevpanel-Dark.png

Interacting with many 3rd-party development tools* from within your Jira issues is a reality! You no longer need to navigate between multiple 3rd-party products in order to update your pull requests, commits, repositories, and builds. Instead, link your code to your Jira issues and have the dev info sitting right there, within your Jira issue, (figuratively) smiling and waving at you. Even specific code within individual branches will be there, ready for you to interact with it.

Support is already in place for Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket Pipelines, CircleCI, Azure Pipelines, Octopus Deploy, Travis CI integration for Jira, Jenkins, and TeamCity. This feature will continue growing as support for more 3rd-party dev tools is established.

Want to learn about integrating 3rd-party dev tools? Check out How to link code to Jira issues.

*Support is only for 3rd-party development tools focusing on repositories, commits, pull requests, and builds.

Filtering: See what you need (and hide what you don’t)

labels2.0.png

We’ve added some extra sparkle to Jira’s filtering feature. Now you can:

• Filter issues without epics on your board and backlog

• Filter by multiple epics on your board

• Filter by unassigned issues on your board and backlog

• Clear all active filters instantly (yes, a single click!) on your board and backlog.

Star your projects: Find them faster

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.02.43 pm.png

Like to save time? (Silly question?) Find your favorite projects faster by ‘starring’ them. Hit the next to a project’s name and it’ll be pinned to the top of your project list until you ‘unstar’ it. You’ll automatically see starred projects in Jira’s web experience too (and vice versa).

Features we’re working on

Dashboards: A personalized overview of your crucial work

Dashboards.png

Cue excitement: Dashboards are coming! Dashboards (otherwise known as one of the most-requested features in the Jira apps) deliver a streamlined, personalized overview of everything you’re working on. Tracking the status of projects is easier than ever.

Beta dashboards will be available very soon. Want to join the beta program? Send us an email at jira-cloud-native@atlassian.com with subject: ‘Beta tester for dashboards: I’m in!’.

Gadgets you’ll be able to add to your dashboard include pie charts, two-dimensional tables, and filter results. We’ll build more gadgets in future, too.

Roadmaps in classic projects

roadmaps.png

Who doesn’t love a good roadmap? Being able to plan work in advance, craft your goals to perfection, and connect the dots between multiple moving parts is a game-changer when it comes to big projects. (And small projects, too!)

Roadmaps arrived in next-gen projects earlier this year, and now they’re coming to classic projects, too. Want to learn more about roadmaps? Check out this webinar from Jira Cloud for web.

Roadmaps can display multiple epics for entire teams; the roadmap is a single source of truth, maximizing visibility and accelerating progress toward a shared goal. Everyone – stakeholders included – can see the big picture, which means identifying scope creep is easier than ever, and gaining insights into large pieces of work can be done ahead of time.

That’s it from us. We’ll see you in the new year!

Download Jira Cloud for Mac. Don’t forget to stay connected with the Community by sharing your thoughts below!

7 comments

Deleted user December 14, 2020

@Hannah McKenzie  

you have done a great job, I have been using the Mac client since its first version, and I see the continuous evolutions. It may seem like a paradox to use a desktop client program to access a "cloud" resource. Actually it's not like that, because I think that if you work well on the client for mac you can overcome some problems of slowness and behavior on the fields that I think you can't overcome with the browser. In fact I also signed up for the beta tester program, if I can give you a hand I will do it very gladly, sure !

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

This is awesome thanks for the update @Hannah McKenzie! Also, thank you to the dev team for the hard work you put into making this a awesome experience!

Like Hannah McKenzie likes this
Deleted user December 22, 2020

@Hannah McKenzie 

if I find a bug or a feature that is missing in this software how can I report it to Atlassian ?

Like Hannah McKenzie likes this
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2021

@[deleted] If you find a bug or would like to request a feature, you can do so here. Thanks for helping us make the product even better!

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user January 5, 2021

@Hannah McKenzie 

hi and thanks for your suggestion, in fact before writing this comment I tried to report the bug, but I'll tell you some things that can help Atlassian to improve, first of all when you report a bug, and then you have to fill out the form you are asked to enter the SEN... where is the SEN of this app for desktop ? I didn't find it. So I tried a generic request, and I opened a second ticket, using another "non-technical" channel, and the outcome was even worse: I'm asked if I'm a "partner" of Atlassian... what do I do I continue to tell you the other experiences ? I think it doesn't help, I have reported every time, then, closing the tickets that there is the problem that if you want to report a problem on this app, there is not a channel or a form in your service desk dedicated to it. Here you give me a nice app that I use and would like to see improved and in return, for free, I give you some "test & debug". Happy 2021.

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2021

@[deleted] Apologies, I failed to mention the in-app way to report bugs: select your profile icon (bottom left within the app), then select 'Send feedback'.

I'll pass on your feedback to the team regarding the frustrations you've had with the other method. Thanks for the feedback!

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user January 8, 2021

@Hannah McKenzie 

Thank you for your response and the time you took to address my issue. Now that you have told me how to do it, I can point out other suggestions to improve this app.

In this sense I suggest you to "explain to your technical support" that this feature exists on the app.

Because, I repeat, from the answer I received, it seems that the support people didn't know.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events