captcha issue in registration

Roberto Gusmeroli October 31, 2019

Hi 

I have a new user I want to give access, but in registration page he introduce login and new password and when it click register, nothing is happaning; when I check con browser console it shows an error on java script related to captcha "execute method not found". I tested with different browser but is not working at all.

Any suggestion?

2 answers

0 votes
Roberto Gusmeroli November 6, 2019

error.jpg

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The issue with the captcha usually happens when users are based in China where due to the restrictions put in place by the Great Firewall of China, so the captcha won't work correctly since we use the captcha from Google and it's blocked there.

Just to confirm if that's the issue, can you please let us know if this issue is happening with only one user? Are they based in China?

If that's not the case, would it be possible to take a screenshot of the error on the Developer tools? So we can check more details about what is happening.

Regards,
Angélica

Roberto Gusmeroli November 4, 2019

Hi

thanks for replying no the user is based in Italy, but we have the proxy server in Germany, something strange is that user is using our company configuration, but is the only one having issue. He has Windows 10, at the moment is not in office as soon as I will send you screenshot.

Thanks 

Roberto Gusmeroli November 4, 2019

could it be related to antivirus, firewall or other things like that?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Thank you for the information, Roberto.

We still don’t know what can cause this issue, we usually see this behavior for users in China and Russia. 

Please, ask the user to send us a screenshot of the error in Developer tools for us to better investigate what is causing this issue.

Roberto Gusmeroli November 6, 2019

Hi this is the error appearing in console

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2019

Thank you, Roberto.

We are still not sure what may be causing this, so we need more tests.

• Try to login using incognito mode, just to make sure there is no extension preventing the login.
  • Clear browser cache and cookies.
  • I found some cases where changing the browser language did the trick, so ask if it’s possible to use the browser in English.
  • If possible, test using another machine.
  • As it’s a cloud instance, they can also test on mobile.

With this information, we can isolate if the problem may be some specific configuration that is preventing their login.

Suggest an answer